To produce knowledge through scientific, technological, artistic and human development and to socialize knowledge by offering graduate programs that enable innovation and the socio-cultural development of the country.
To be among the leading universities in Brazil in terms of graduate studies and recognized as a reference of excellence that provides students with a transforming experience for their professional and personal lives.
- Respect for human dignity and culture;
- Absence of discrimination, especially of ethnic, social and economic nature;
- Academic freedom and autonomy;
- Ethical and social commitment;
- Quality of knowledge production and dissemination.