The Graduate Studies Council is a deliberative and consultative body on graduate matters, chaired by the Prorectorate for Graduate Studies (PROPG) who is appointed by the Rector.
The duties of the Graduate Studies Council are:
- propose graduate policies and norms to the University Council;
- approve the creation, suspension and cancellation of graduate programs, in compliance with the current law;
- act as an appellate body in the area of graduate education, when illegality is claimed in the judgement of processes originated from the University councils;
- elaborate and approve the operating rules of the council;
- propose norms and guidelines on faculty workload to the University Council;
- establish the policies for assessment of graduate programs;
- express opinions on matters, plans and proposals within its area of activity;
- elect the representatives of the council together with the University Council, noticing that the indication of more than 1 (one) representative by University Unit is not allowed.
Click here to see the list of the council’s current members.